About Buitenplaats Beekhuizen
In mid-2015, suddenly there was the opportunity to acquire ownership of the former Camping Beekhuizen. A phenomenal place in National Park Veluwezoom and an area of more than 2.5 hectares. However, the site and facilities were in a very neglected state and the traditional camping market had been under pressure for some time. We were happy to accept the challenge!
In half a year, the idea was elaborated to realize a unique and small-scale "nature holiday park", where the adventurous feeling of camping could be preserved.
Back to basic, surrounded by nature, but with contemporary comfort. The types of accommodation needed to match this and were therefore carefully selected.
At the beginning of 2016, preparations were started for the realization of our idea.
Landscape architect Buro Harro designed a wonderful plan to fit the accommodations well into the terrain and to make nature stand out even more.
On April 29, 2016, the Buitenplaats opened with its first Pods, later followed by our Lodgetents and restaurant WOODZ. In 2017 and 2018 new variants were added to our accommodations.
In mid-July 2021 we opened our newest accommodations;7 Forest Cabins.
All this was realized with the greatest care and attention that you have come to expect from us.
On the 1st of May 2020 we also opend Boutique Hotel Beekhuizen.
This hotel is nearby the Buitenplaats, has the same beautiful surroundings but has it's own unique character. Staying at Boutique Hotel Beekhuizen means staying in a small scaled, unique and charming hotel.The hotel offers 21 characteristic, atmospheric lodges and (junior) suites, characterized by spacious bedrooms and lots of privacy. Each residence has its own unique features and an attractive interior with a nod to the original hotel and the history of the area.
What does Buitenplaats Beekhuizen have to offer you?
- A location in the middle of nature of the National Park (accessible after passing the game grid)
- Camping in luxury, fully furnished accommodations with cooking facilities, private bathroom and heating
- Small scaled
- Optimal experience of nature through landscape integration
- A small but high-quality restaurant and an appropriate range of activities
- Personal attention to our guests
- Collaboration with Natuurmonumenten and other nature conservation organizations
- Direct connection to walking, cycling and mountain biking routes
- Very suitable as a starting point for various types of trips
Rick Milius (general manager)
Judith & Irene Stoevelaar (initiators)